Our Service Is Free, Confidential and Non-Judgemental
We offer support to assist you to live within your income. Our aim is to help families find security in handling their own financial affairs through the development of money management skills. Pakuranga and Howick Budgeting Service Inc is an incorporated society with charity status, that has been operating since 1998. We are funded by the Ministry of Social Development and are supported by the National Building Financial Capability Charitable Trust
We also work with organisations such as:
- Highland Park Work and Income – beneficiaries, super annuitants, HNZ, entitlements, case managers.
- Citizens Advice Bureau Pakuranga Eastern Manukau – cross referrals to a wide range of community services and JP’s.
- Howick Local Board – rates rebates, use of Local Boardroom for training.
- Auckland Council – Use of building rent-free and other local council owned facilities.
- MECOSS – Networking with local health and community service providers, sharing of best practice training opportunities and cross-referrals.
- Sowers Trust Community Ministries – Family Wrap Around Support, Two Coats Clothing Co-op, Youth Mentorship Services and Family Violence intervention services.
- Panmure Community Corrections – Building Financial Capability Service for parolees and wrap around referrals to further social supports.
- Insolvency and Trustee Service – Accessing specialised services in order for clients to start with a clean slate and vulnerability of children to be reduced.
- Inland Revenue Department – correct administration of child support, negotiation of repayment/absolution of debt and receipt of Family Tax and In Work Tax credits
- Local Churches – Foodbanks
Chair of the Management Committee
Lee Kuin Howell
Treasurer of the Management Committee
Secretary of the Management Committee